Shockwave Therapy for Peyronie’s Disease
Peyronie’s (pay-row-knees) disease is the development of scar tissue or plaque inside the penis that causes the shaft to curve, causing painful erections. Most men with the condition can still have sex, but for some, it can be painful and cause ED.
In most cases of Peyronie’s disease, plaque forms on the top side of the shaft, causing the penis to bend upward. In some cases, plaque forms on the underside of the shaft, causing it to bend downward. And if plaque develops on both sides of the shaft, it can result in an indentation and shortening of the penis. Regardless of the location of plaque, it’s a situation that can make it harder for you and your partner to engage in fulfilling sexual relations.
Peyronie’s Disease Symptoms
- Abnormal curvature or indentation of the penis
- Loss of width or shortened penis
- Painful erections
- Difficulty having intercourse
- Discomfort for your partner during intercourse
- The inability to achieve or maintain a full erection (erectile dysfunction)
Although some cases of Peyronie’s disease have been known to improve or effectively disappear over time, more persistent or severe cases require interventional treatment. Options include:
- Oral drugs such as Verapamil, Interferon, and Xiaflex
- Direct injection of drugs into the plaque
- Stretching the penis for 2 to 8 hours/day for at least 6 months
- Surgery to lengthen or shorten one side of the penis, venous or fascial grafts, and prosthetic implants. These alternatives are invasive, expose you to infections, and require a long recovery period.
Affirm Clinic offers nonsurgical low-intensity focused shockwave therapy for treatment of Peyronie's disease. Energy from focused shockwave pulses painlessly improve blood flow to the penis and break up plaque buildup, thus relieving your symptoms and hastening natural improvement.
Shockwave therapy for Peyronie’s disease is considered an off-label treatment. It has generated successful results in thousands of patients and various clinical trials and offers patients a number of benefits. It is safe, painless, and can be performed at Affirm Clinic in only 15-20 minutes per session.
Peyronie’s Disease Treatment in Edmonds & Seattle, WA
To find out if you are a suitable candidate for shockwave therapy to treat Peyronie’s disease, call Affirm Clinic today at (206) 231-6000 to arrange a private consultation with one of our providers. Or you can request an appointment online and we will promptly contact you.